We always ensure that we remain up to date on the most current happenings in the moving industry. The experience we have gathered over the years has enabled us to assemble very useful tips on the entire process of moving. For instance, are you aware that fresh college graduates constitute one of the biggest groups of people who are most likely going to relocate this year? We dedicate a good part of our time helping students who have graduated to move. Below are some of the most interesting tips on how Americans move, be it across town or right across the country.
20 remarkable Tips on Moving
- A typical American is likely to move about 11.7 times in a lifetime.
- Ladies normally move more than their male counterparts. In 2016 alone, about 6.6 million more women relocated as compared to men.
- Nevertheless, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of individuals who relocated in 2016 was an all-time low. Slightly over 11% of people in the U.S.A. moved in the entire year.
- In the year 2016, a total of 314,992,000 Americans relocated.
- People who move the most are in the age bracket of 18 – 34 years old. Among this youthful group, those aged between 25 – 29 years relocate the most.
- The U.S. Census Bureau reveals that about 42.2% of those who move do so due to house-related issues, while about 27.4% of the individuals relocate as a result of personal issues, and 20.2% relocate because of career-related reasons.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of labor Statistics, 3 out of every 10 college graduates are likely to relocate out of the state where their college is located within the first five years after their graduation. Besides, about 35% of people who have graduated from college never reside in their home states.
- Easier commuting is the number one reason why people make work-related relocations.
- A higher number of people in the U.S. moved to the State of Texas than any of the other states in 2016. However, Nevada, Idaho, Florida and Utah, as well as Washington got the highest overall surge in population.
- Sundays are the least preferred days of the week for moving. By then, all those who move on Fridays will be well-settled into their new abodes.
- Friday is the preferable day of the week for relocation, unless it happens to come on the first day of the month. A bigger number of people prefer mid-month for moving.
- A typical household moves involves about 6,500 pounds of personal belongings.
- 50% of all relocations come between the months of May and September.
- A normal cardboard moving box is usually used about three to ten times before it becomes structurally non-viable.
- The average number of boxes used in a normal move is 60.
- All professional movers are obligated by law to provide their clients with copies of “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move” booklets.
- Most Americans think that after the death of a loved one and divorce, moving is the third most distressing event in life.
- It is illegal for any moving company to hold back a client’s belongings.
- Due to a low demand for moving services, the cheapest time to move is during winter which happens to be the least popular time for relocation.
- Currently, the most expensive city to move to globally is Luanda, Angola. This is closely followed by New York City and then San Francisco.
Our competent team is also highly knowledgeable on making relocation as hustle-free as possible. You can give us a call today for more facts on moving. Alternatively, you can use the provided online form to get a moving quote instantly.