How It Works
Once in a while, you will find yourself in need of auto transport services. In order to have enough necessary information on how to access the best services, you will need to conduct some research to learn about transport (how it works). You will need to review the available options and how they function before booking your shipment. Road Runner offers some of the best auto transport services in the United States. This can be confirmed by numerous positive feedback posts from our satisfied clients.
When in need of our auto transport services, it is important to know exactly what kind of vehicle shipping service which you will need. This will largely depend on the kind of vehicle that you want to ship. For instance, when shipping a used car, you might opt for open transport, which is the easiest as well as the cheapest version of auto transport. However, when you want to ship a vintage car such as a Ferrari, you will probably go for a more cautious mode of shipping. Most people prefer an enclosed carrier for such high-value cars since they don’t want them to be exposed to the weather elements.
How to Prepare Your Car for Shipping
Before it is ready for shipping, your car needs to undergo some necessary preparations. Here are some of the measures that you need to take in order to ensure that your car is properly ready for the journey.
- Meticulously wash your car, both the interior and exterior.
- Ensure that your gas tank is empty so as to avert any likely safety hazards. However, you can leave a quarter-tank of gas, which will be sufficient for any short drive to the car’s final destination if necessary.
- Apply a full coat of wax to your car’s exterior. This will act as a debris and bug barrier during the shipment process.
- Check out all the fluids that might be in your car. If there is any leakage of fluids from your car, you must let Road Runner personnel know in order to prevent drips onto another car, or becoming a safety hazard, such as the cause of a fire. For instance, oil and coolant are very slippery, which might easily cause harm. They need to be properly noted before the shipping journey commences.
- Consult with our Road Runner auto transport experts so that we can advise you about which car fluids may or may not need to be completely emptied before shipment.
- We advise you to take clear photos of your car before the shipment, as well as photographs of damages to it (if any) on arrival at its destination, before you sign the delivery documents.
- Check out your car’s tire pressure and battery charge to avoid any inconveniences once you arrive at the destination of the shipment.
- Ensure that items such as passes and toll tags are removed from the car’s windshield, so as to prevent any potential damage.
- All ornaments such as spoilers, roof racks, and antennas should be removed from the car’s exterior.
- Ensure that all your personal belongings are removed from the car, leaving behind only a spare jack and tire, in case of any emergencies.
Cross-country auto transport
If you need to transport your car across the country’s borders, you will need to provide all your vehicle details; its origin as well as its destination. You can then choose from several quotes for the shipment of your car. After this, you only need to book a date that is most appropriate for you.
Once everything is set, you can sit back and relax as our auto transport experts handle the shipment. At Road Runner, we always have your back when it comes to providing superb auto transport services of all kinds.